Monday, February 12, 2007

Too many seeds?

I now have 30 packets of seeds in stock. That is not including seed potatoes, j. artichoke tubers or shallot sets. Would this be considered too much? A tad ambitious for our first proper 'growing year'? I'm not sure.

I have a shed load of coursework to do this week and so I am hoping to have the bulk done over the next few days to free up some time over the weekend for sowing seeds. The jerusalem artichoke tubers and a large batch of seeds arrived this morning. The j. artichokes came with a note entitled 'read this now!!' which did the job of catching my attention. It was basically saying that the tubers need to be in the ground as soon possible. I plan to put mine in at the weekend. I hope they will be happy in a cardboard tray until then. I will also be sowing the shallot sets outdoors. Indoors I will be sowing tomatoes, lettuce, mizuna and aubergines.

No comments: