Monday, June 25, 2007

Rainy days

The problem I am finding with all this recent rain is that the slugs and snails are out in force! I discovered four fat slugs in my coldframe this morning, one of which had greedily eaten one of my young courgette plants. I'm not entirely sure how they got in either. Coldframe security is going to have to be stepped up I think.

The forecast looks to be brigtening up towards the end of the week so I'll make sure I can spend a good few hours out in the garden, particularly to get the salad bed in order.

Indoors, the herbs are coming along well. The Basil 'Dark Opal' sown back in May is becoming much more developed now and smells beautiful. The other herbs are still at their seed leaf stage but looking good so far.

Seed trays in the nursery

Basil 'Dark Opal' getting noticably bigger by the day

No comments: