Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Gardening lives on BBC2!

There is a new series starting this Friday (5th Jan) in the usual Gardeners' World slot on BBC2 called 'Grow your own veg!' Fantastic timing for us and if it is any good, hopefully we'll get some useful advice from it. Once this series has finished we'll be in the wonderful season of spring and Gardeners' World will be back with us, hurray!

Earlier in 2006 there was a great series on the BBC called 'The Big Dig', which followed two allotment sites, one in Wales and one in London. We absolutely loved it, however sadly there are no signs of another series.

3 comments:

Plot 32 said...

Terry Walton (who featured in the Big Dig) has written a book "My Life on a Hillside Allotment," which will be published in April. Turns out he is also a contributor to the Jeremy Vine show.

Kim said...

Thanks Terry. I haven't heard of the Jeremy Vine Show, is that on TV?

I will keep an eye out for the book - Terry was the chap from the Welsh allotments I seem to remember.

Plot 32 said...

I'm not Terry but it's a nice thought. The Jeremy Vine Show is on Radio 2, weekdays 12-2. Terry Walton has/used to have an allotment "spot" about once every 2 weeks. I have to say I've never listened to the Show - I'm usually working!