Monday, March 26, 2007

More seed sowing

A bit more seed sowing this afternoon:

Indoors:

I've sown 9 plugs of climbing nasturtiums for some (hopefully) early flowering action. I'll sow some outdoors directly in a couple of weeks.

Outdoors:

The old packet of Cornflower seeds that I came across have been sown between the jerusalem artichokes and shallots for a bit of colour. I have no idea how many will actually germinate but they are better off in the ground than in the packet!

I've also sown a packet of Onion 'Purplette' in amongst and a row in front of the shallots. Some Beetroot 'Bolivar' have been sown in a square container and I've also sown some coriander seeds in a small container.

The weather is forecast to be warm and sunny tomorrow too so I'll make the most of it and do some more sowing. I'd like to get the calendula and some of the leafy veg sown directly into the ground (spinach etc.) The front garden also needs some attention - pruning, lifting, dividing etc.

No comments: