Monday, March 19, 2007

The watering can in the sky

Is it just me or is the weather behaving in a pretty strange way. One minute it is bright blue skies and blinding sunshine, the next is proper snowfall, which abruptly returns to the bright blue skies again in the blink of an eye. When I looked out of the window at the end of lectures today it was steadily snowing, literally a minute later when I got outside it was beautifully clear and sunny. I think the sky is playing games.

I was pleased to find a reply from Baxter Storey in my email inbox this afternoon in response to my query about whether the used coffee grounds James picked up in the cafe in the building where he works were organic (see previous post Free used coffee grounds for the garden - Thur 8th March.) I'm still non the wiser as the reply was to speak to the catering manager of that particular cafe to find out, but I was pleased to get a reply nonetheless. I'll ask James to check with them tomorrow.

Only 2 days to go until I finish the spring term and can actually get on with some serious seed sowing and other gardening delights! Roll on Thursday.

No comments: