Monday, April 16, 2007

Courgettes, garlic chives and purple peas

My first attempt at garlic chives has not been much of a success. It does make me wonder whether I actually put any seeds in the tray!? Not one to be deterred, I have sown a fresh tray of garlic chive seeds (23 seeds in total) to give them another go.

I have also sown 4 Courgette 'Nero di Milan' seeds in paper pots. I will see if they all germinate and if not, I'll sow a couple more. I think 3 plants should fit in their alloted space outside. They will be replacing the broad beans that are currently in the ground once the beans have gone over. The garlic chives will be planted as a border in the same bed (if I can actually get any to germinate...)

I will be starting off my mange tout peas indoors then planting them out as young seedlings. I've sown 6 Pea 'Ezethas Krombek Blau' today and I'll make successional sowings every few weeks. 'Ezethas Krombek Blau' are a purple pod variety, which I thought would look interesting and just as some extra to colour to the masses of green that should be on show in the veggie garden this summer.




Pea 'Ezethas Krombek Blau' seeds

No comments: