Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bye bye Berryfields

I've just read on Jane Perrone's 'Horticultural' blog that Gardeners' World will be heading to a new patch of land instead of Berryfields when the new series starts next month. At first glance I was really quite sad to read this headline as I'm pretty attached to Berryfields having avidly watched the programme for about 5 years now. I can understand that new presenter Toby Buckland, who incidently I think is fantastic with incredible knowledge, wants to do something new and the idea it seems is that the programme is to focus more on 'real' gardens rather than the country estate we have come to know and love.
Reading the BBC press release there are some great sounding features and I'm pleased to see that the regular faces of Joe, Carol and Alys will still be presenting features. I think the new look GW will be even more relevant the modern day suburban gardener which can only be a good thing.
So, I'll do my very best to embrace the new look Gardeners' World with an open mind and not pine too much for Berryfields. Maybe they could pop back there once every season, you know, just for old times sake?

No comments: