Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Lunar Experiment

When ordering a couple of books for studying purposes the other day (I have quite the library of garden design, plants, pruning, pests and general horticultural science books steadily growing due to my current training) I decided to invest also in a guide to moon planting/biodynamics as I'm keen to try this with our new crops.

I decided on 'Gardening and Planting by the Moon 2007' by Nick Kollerstrom, which is an explanatory guide including a 15-month daily planting calendar. The books actually arrived today and I had a brief look at the moon planting book whilst having some lunch. Once I've had a better read I'll be able to write more about it in future entries.

(Funnily enough, my previous entry mentioning biodynamics (and the first time it has been mentioned in the blog) was picked up by somebody in New Zealand who has made a documentary on the biodynamic revolution in India and emailed me the link to their website.)

Taken from their website, here is a brief explanation of the film:

'How to Save The World' exposes globalization and the mantra of infinite growth in a finite world for what it really is: an environmental and human disaster.

But across India marginal farmers are fighting back. By reviving biodynamics an arcane form of agriculture, they are saving their poisoned lands and exposing the bio-colonialism of multinational corporations. 'How to Save The World' tells their story through the teachings of an elderly New Zealander many are calling the new Gandhi.

~ Taken from www.howtosavetheworld.co.nz ~


No comments: