Monday, February 05, 2007

Signs of spring

We don't get any direct sun in our garden in the winter months unfortunately. Today however, I was very pleased to see a tiny patch of sunlight hitting the back fence - a sign that spring is definitely on its way!

A glimmer of sun at 10.50am

I spotted my first robin sitting on the fence... (I'm not sure if spotting robins is a sign of spring, but I was pleased anyway)



The shallot sets and a packet of lettuce seed (Lettuce 'Amorina') arrived in the post this morning too...



Shallot 'Longor' set - a traditional french variety


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got your web address off Ragged Raddishes - keep digging away!! I am also in my first year of serious veg growing, having played at it last year and been relatively successful! I would probably suggest having some fruit bushes (raspberries or something) to go round the edge of your plot, so you have some fruit too? Are you chitting spuds? You could grow them in containers in your yard, rather than in the ground. I've got peas growing inside at the moment to kick off some earlies - Good luck and I'll keep in touch!! I've just started blogging, so have left my page. (and I'm RUBBISH at all things webbased, so fingers x'd!) Cat xx