Friday, April 13, 2007

Repotting

This afternoon I've repotted the tomato and aubergines into their bigger 7cm diameter pots. They'll live in these now until they are ready to be planted outside. One of the cherry tom seedlings will be given to my brother for him to grow on his balcony.

The square pots are ideal for limited space as they fit together nice and snuggly if need be. I got mine from The Essentials Company which are aimed more at floristry but they sell pots, twine, markers, wire etc which is all useful stuff for the veggie garden. 25 x 7cm diameter square pots were £1.70.



Repotted tomatoes and aubergines




A repotted cherry tomato seedling (Tomato 'Totem') destined for my brother's balcony

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Hi! I've just started an allotment and came across your blog by following a link. I love your veg patch! It looks so pretty :)

My tomatoes are almost at the same stage as yours. The ones I planted on 3 March are in 7 cm pots and almost filled them, the 11 March ones are a bit behind, but not that much considering!

Kim said...

Hi Ashleigh

Thanks for your message and good luck with your allotment!