Sunday, April 06, 2008

April snow

Like pretty much everywhere in the UK, it snowed here in London overnight with a good inch or two settling on the ground. It was a bit of a shock this morning I must admit - I had no idea snow was forecast!

Unfortunately we hadn't covered the areas where the potatoes had just been planted and were a bit worried that the snow might lead to frost which spuds are not a fan of. So, we shoveled the snow off the ground first thing and covered the areas with polythene sheeting in the hope that there is no lasting damage. I think I'll keep them covered for the next few days, just in case we get any more freak snowfall. It is April, isn't it?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I’ve tagged you on my blog. It’s kind of a game. Hope you don’t mind. Want to play?

Hope you are enjoying the warmer weather!

marigold said...

I've tagged you as well. There must be only 2 or 3 degrees of separation in the UK gardening blog circuit.

Additionally, I've always wanted to tell you that I love your blog.

Your biggest fan,

Marigold x